S4 Project started off as a page scrapper and was the first site to offer Ranking, Signatures, Player Data, in multiple languages.
It really helped raise the bar in some areas of the community, generated discussion, and helped forge some long lasting friendships and memories.
It pushed other players to make similar sites, Alaplaya to generate an API and host it with a co-provider, and even pushed players to copy and improve on S4Project code and ideas (won't mention any names of course!)
All of which has made me happy.....
- I've hardly used Windows that much for the last year.
- The S4 community has changed quite a lot.
- Alaplaya hasn't changed much. (I've been around since they were born, this is way before S4's Debut, anyone remember Fantasy Tennis?)
- I just haven't had time.
So it's been a blast and definately had fun, I've left a thanks list below.
(If I've missed you out, just PM me.)
- Chesha for the suggestions and translation corrects in Japanese.
- Rootway for agony aunt support lol.
- Society-Q for providing graphic changes.
- Ceska for helping to develop the very first python layered signature generator - Good times!
- The old RIZON-IRC #s4 channel, for providing so much feedback and lulz.
- Netrunner for helping unblock S4P during a "random" IP ban.
- R for helping
- Anues for helping out with translations and JP rankings for S4P version 1.